Our experience and perception of a space is the only thing that remains over time. A space may not exist after a time, but our memory and perception will remain with us forever. As designers, we create interior spaces, so we are curators of the context of an individual’s experience. Interior spaces are not just a place for the function of a certain task, but they have a huge impact on our psychological and physical health (Gifford, 1997).
Workshop Hall Renovations
Redesign Art+Maker's Workshop Space for Learning
Client School run by a property development company in South India
Site 2,000 sq ft. on ground floor
Different types of basic skill building classes (e.g. soldering electronic circuits; paper workshops ; carpentry and metal workshop, 3d print etc)
A Graduate Art College
- 300-325 students to be accommodated at any given time.
-Flexible spaces. Balance of formal & informal space, open and closed spaces, quiet and interaction areas.
- 8700 sq ft. of flexible classroom for 50 students (which can be quickly divided into two when needed)
-Accommodate all old furnitures from previous building
- 45 Faculty accommodated in one room
- Sickbay with two beds, nurse desk and a private check-up room
- A conference, a seminar and a film screening room
- Open reception
- 969 sq ft. for an administration office, the business office, IT department (and server room)
- Secure confidential files room
- Faculty lounge and 8-seater faculty meeting room
- Two 1:1 counselling rooms
- General studio spaces
- Library with quiet study