"History doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme"
"You can have the best product or service in the world, but if people don't buy - it's worthless. So in reality it doesn't matter how wonderful your new product or service is. The real question is - will they buy it?" ~ Noel Peebles
"What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form." ~ David Ogilvy
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"
"The Second Wave Society is industrial and based on mass production, mass distribution, mass consumption, mass education, mass media, mass recreation, mass entertainment, and weapons of mass destruction. You combine those things with standardization, centralization, concentration, and synchronization, and you wind up with a style of organization we call bureaucracy." ~ Alvin Toffler
Over the years, the ideological basis of Maoism has got diluted. It has two versions now: one based on ideology and the other on extortion which can be called levy-based Maoism.
Pareto 80/20 principle: 20% of the people get 80% of the success and the rest 20% of the success go to 80% of the people. Rich people who help powerful people get rich, and powerful people who make rich people powerful. Colonial Empire has now been replaced by a global financial empire.
USAid, after a natural calamity or epidemic, since the 1950s has been not only used for anti-gov political tool like rewarding one political group over others (in exchange for imposing indirectly control over nations - getting trade agreements, removing banking, mining and agriculture competition, forcing hormone-treated food products) but also as cover for training foreign police in torture techniques in the guise of human-rights and humanitarian help.
How can elected officials rage about deficits when we propose to spend money on pre-school for kids, but not when we’re cutting taxes for corporations? Without action, our children won’t have time to debate the existence of climate change. They’ll be busy dealing with its effects. More environmental disasters, more economic disruptions, waves of climate refugees seeking sanctuary.
A shrinking world, growing inequality, demographic change, and the specter of terrorism. These forces haven’t just tested our security and our prosperity, but are testing our democracy as well. In the rise of naked partisanship and increasing economic and regional stratification, the splintering of our media, all this makes this great sorting seem natural, even inevitable. Increasingly we become so secure in our bubbles that we start accepting only information, whether it’s true or not, that fits our opinions, instead of basing our opinions on the evidence that is out there. This trend of talking past each other represents a third threat to our democracy. There’re no quick fixes to this long-term trend. ~ U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama II.